Crisis can come in many forms, including accidental death, worksite injury, natural disasters, terrorism, and crime. It is increasingly apparent that organizations, both public and private, can enhance their ability to survive crisis and stay in business by implementing a comprehensive crisis management plan. The Village Business Institute's team of Crisis Management Planning and Response professionals will assist in limiting the negative impact of a crisis.
Planning for Crisis
Prior to a crisis, VBI consultants will assist in establishing crisis procedures within a well-coordinated crisis response plan. VBI offers a range of crisis services, including:
- Risk assessment
- Preparation of crisis management plans including policies, manuals, and checklists
- Development and training of on-site Crisis Management Teams (CMTs)
- Consultation on the management of crisis communications
Responding to Crisis
Crisis, trauma, and other critical incidents can quickly overwhelm your employees' coping skills, setting the stage for decreased productivity. The Village Business Institute offers a multi-dimensional Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) plan that includes:
- On-site Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) services including demobilization, defusing, individual and peer support, crisis management briefings, and critical incident stress debriefings
- Training sessions for supervisors and managers on handling performance issues related to critical incidents
- Grief and loss counseling
- Ongoing crisis consultation and support for CMTs
- Post-crisis follow-up and response effectiveness reviews
For more information, contact The Village Business Institute.