Have an employee situation you're not sure how to handle?
The Village Business Institute's (VBI) Supervisor HelpLine is available to all supervisors, managers, and human resources professionals whose organizations provide VBI's employee assistance program to their employees.
The HelpLine is staffed by trained professionals available for consultation on a variety of human resource and workplace issues. Simply call 1-800-627-8220 and ask to speak to a VBI staff member. You can discuss your situation, problem-solve possible options and solutions, and ask questions.
Some of the issues supervisors have discussed in the past include:
- Constructive confrontation of employee performance problems
- Hiring and firing procedures
- Drug-free workplace/Department of Transportation procedures
- Employee discipline
- Workplace harassment issues
- Job safety concerns
- Analyzing, resolving, and preventing workplace conflicts.